Sunday, September 27, 2015

Recollections of an arts and crafts fair

Huuuh, it´s over but I´m still thinking about it: even with all my nervousness, cold weather and wind it´s been a great experience. I presented my quilts for the first time to the public and one which is not as familiar with quilts or patchwork as in America, England etc. 

I sold one of my dearest and most favourite quilts and hope that it will be as dear to the new owner as it´s been to me. Parting with a quilt that you have spent a lot of time making, pouring in so many good vibes and feelings is not easy. If someone told me that before I would not have believed it up front. But now I know.

The most rewarding thing for the day were all the compliments that we got from the people walking by, seeing, touching and feeling the quilts. Some were really amazed about the quilts, some made compliments that made me smile and grin for hours (I still do that when I recollect that day).

All in all it was a great day with my Mum, we met new friends and I got an invitation to take part at a Christmas fair in December. For that I am now going to spend a lot of time preparing, sewing, quilting. 

But a lot of time will also go into another project that I will post more in the coming weeks. 

Here´s my Mum

 My Mum and me, freezing but having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment