Sunday, November 9, 2014

I´m about to start blogging!


During the next few weeks I will add more and more to my blog, telling about me and my sewing, my quilting and patchwork that I started 3 years ago, showing pictures about it but also adding all the sources of inspiration that I got - I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do, reading all the quilt blogs of all the super-creative people out there, whether it´s their personal blog or a Modern Quilt Guilds´blog!!!

I will keep my blog straight and simple, hoping that it will grow over time into something as enjoyable and inspirational for quilters out there as other blogs are to me. I will add my favourite blog list during the next few day but beware, it will be very, very long.... 




This quilt was a Challenge from our guild called "Dreams and Hexagons" and as I started the quilt in summer, I kept hearing this song "dream a little dream of me" on and on. At the same time I found on one of the blogs that letters and hexagons match very well. So I started drawing all the letters of the alphabet into hexagons, copied them, cut up the paper-hexagons and fabric, hand sewed them over paper. The hand quilting was fun (being done in summer the following year) and finally it became a quilt, 150x200 cm for the guild exhibition. 

The quilt´s title is "Gaps in our dreams" as some of the words are missing in the quilt, as we mostly remember only parts of our dreams the day after.

And as you can see from all my quilts and the ones to come, my favourite color is GREY, no matter if dark, light or shaded, there will always be something grey in my works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment